Computational and Applied Mathematics can broadly be described as the development of mathematical models and numerical methods to solve problems which arise in scientific areas including physics, materials science, engineering, biology, and medical imaging and more. The faculty at Mississippi State University are currently focused on numerical methods for partial differential equations, image analysis, time integration of partial differential equations, building robust and efficient algorithms, machine learning, and special topics in control theory.
- Amanda Diegel - numerical analysis, scientific computing, partial differential equations
- Seongjai Kim - scientific computing, data analysis
- Hyeona Lim - numerical analysis
- Vu Thai Luan - computational mathematics, numerical analysis, differential equations
- Mohsen Razzaghi - control theory