In order to fulfill the admission requirements, the applicant must submit the following documents to the Office of the Graduate School, P.O. BOX G, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762.
- Application for admission to the Graduate School.
- Transcripts from former institutions attended.
- Either a TOEFL score or an IELTS score for international students (with some exceptions).
Any person admitted to the Graduate School must hold a Bachelor's degree; normally, the undergraduate degree must be awarded by an institution having regional accreditation. A prospective applicant who holds a Bachelor's Degree from an educational institution that does not have regional accreditation may request consideration from the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences prior to applying for admission. In either case, the graduate coordinator may prescribe specific undergraduate-level courses as prerequisites for admission. The Office of the Graduate School administers admission to graduate studies.
For regular admission to a Master's degree program in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, the following are required:
1. A minimum undergraduate grade point average, GPA, on the undergraduate academic work of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale with some exceptions approved by the Graduate Coordinating Committee.
2. Meeting the minimum requirements on English Language Test Score Requirements set by the Graduate School. Additional information on English Language Test Score Requirements may be found in the Mississippi State University Graduate Bulletin.
3. Submission of three letters of recommendation.
4. By the Graduate Coordinating Committee's judgment, a student is expected to possess qualities that indicate that the applicant has the ability to do graduate work.