Give to Mathematics & Statistics
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is active in research, teaching, and service. We have a growing undergraduate program and graduate programs leading to masters and doctoral degrees. We invite you to become involved in the success of our faculty and students by giving to department. Your funds will support initiatives of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, including research travel by students and faculty, equipment, visitors to the department, and departmentally sponsored events such as Math Club activities, conferences, and outreach.
To give to the Math department, go to the Mississippi State University's giving page and select College/School/Preferred Area under Designations, then click on the down arrow to expand the options under the College of Arts and Sciences and select Mathematics.
To find out more ways to become involved with the department, please contact the main office at 662.325.3414 or email@example.com.
Scholarships for Mathematics & Statistics
Below is a list of scholarships which we offer to our undergraduate students. Go to our Scholarships page for more information.
- J. Harry Adams Endowed Scholarship in Mathematics: Established in October 2009, to support full-time students majoring in Mathematics which are of "good moral character, and show qualities of leadership".
- Frank L. Culley Memorial Scholarship: Established in 1994 to support a full time junior or senior student majoring in math or physics which have demonstrated high academic achievement, leadership ability, and professional development.
- Alton C. Grimes Endowed Scholarship: Established to support deserving students majoring in mathematics or an area that would include at least 18 credit hours of mathematics, and available to Mississippi resident students completing their sophomore year and exhibiting strong leadership qualities.
- Dr. Donald R. Hunt Endowed Scholarship: Established in November of 2000 to support a full time student majoring in mathematics having demonstrated high academic achievement.
- J. Michael Pearson Endowed Scholarship: Established to support a full-time mathematics major who has demonstrated academic achievement and demonstrated financial need.
- Christopher Randolph Stark Memorial Scholarship: Established to support a full time junior or senior mathematics major who is a Mississippi resident or the child of an MSU alumnus who was a resident of Mississippi and has a minimum 3.5 GPA and demonstrated leadership and character.
- Albert Maury Shurlds, Sr. Endowed Mathematics Scholarship, and Albert Maury Shurlds, Sr. Annual Scholarship: Established in June of 2012 to support a full-time undergraduate Mathematics major, who is a resident of the state of Mississippi and has achieved high academic standing.
- Jimmy L. Solomon Scholarship in Mathematics: Established in October of 2008 to support a full-time junior or senior majoring in Mathematics who has demonstrated high academic achievement.
- Dolores M. and John L. Tilley Endowed Scholarship: Established in December of 1999 to support two mathematics majors, one junior and one senior, on the basis of academic achievement.
- Departmental Freshman Scholarships: The Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers several scholarships to strong incoming freshman. Recipients are chosen on a competitive basis.
- S-STEM scholarship and mentoring program: “Breaking the Silo: Mathematics as a Common Language in Science”: This scholarship is designed to support deserving students majoring in Math, Chemistry or Physics at Mississippi State University with an emphasis on supporting first-generation students or students coming from struggling educational districts.