Applied Statistics research in the department covers a wide range of applications and areas of applied science. For example design and analysis of experiments in agriculture, biological science, and engineering areas. Linear modeling and response surface modeling for system improvement, including model diagnostic procedures. Other areas of application include: statistics applied in veterinary science, detection of disease outbreaks by spatial scan statistics, model diagnostic procedures, time series modeling.
- Jan DuBien - applied statistics
- Xinyuan Chen - survival analysis, clustered data, data science
- Prakash Patil - nonparametric curve estimation
- Jon Woody - statistical climatology, time series
- Tung-Lung Wu - cluster detection, high-dimensional data analysis
- Jialin Zhang - information theory, statistical computation
- Michelle Zhou - model diagnosis, survival and longitudinal data analysis